In this post I wish to share some of the sources that were used to provide basic Raspberry PI skills and request comments on others that could be used.
- how to find the operating system on-line; download and install the operating system on to a SD Card.
I found this resource from Adafruit useful: http://learn.adafruit.com/downloads/pdf/adafruit-raspberry-pi-lesson-1-preparing-and-sd-card-for-your-raspberry-pi.pdf by Simon Monk and the main download site for Raspberry PI OS http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads
- Setting up the Raspberry PI including selecting basic configuration settings. Again Adafruit one by simon Monk http://learn.adafruit.com/downloads/pdf/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-2-first-time-configuration.pdf
Are there others you would recommend?
- More details of BCS Northampton can be found at: http://northampton.bcs.org/
- Details about Raspberry PI can be found at: http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs
- Link to a set of video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/RaspberryPiTutorials
- training event for students was discussed: http://computingnorthampton.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/raspberry-pi-event-26th-march-2013.html