Twelve students spent sometime on 26th March 2013 looking at:-
- how to find the operating system on-line; download and install the operating system on to a SD Card;
- Setting up the Raspberry PI including selecting basic configuration settings;
- Investigating the desktop and the software included.
The two goals of the session were:-
- to provide training to a group of students who could offer basic Raspberry PI support for a BCS Northampton event later in the year;
- to encourage the students to come up with their own ideas on what they could demonstrate at the same event.
- More details of BCS Northampton can be found at: http://northampton.bcs.org/
- Details about Raspberry PI can be found at: http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs
- Link to a set of video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/RaspberryPiTutorials